April 29, 2014

Monday Musings on Tuesday... oops

I've seen a lot of blogs have a Friday Five or Friday Favorites. I've always kinda loved and hated them all at once. :) I had the idea that I was going to keep my Monday Musings up (on Mondays, of course) then Logan got sick and everything went out the window. So instead, you get this weeks ramblings today. Enjoy!

Here's some fun thoughts to get the week started!

1. I didn't buy much Easter candy this year. I'm still trying to get ready for summer bikini season, Logan doesn't eat candy yet and Geoff didn't seem to care either way. I did buy a few Cadbury Creme Eggs, which are my favorite, and a bag of jelly beans.

Logan was in our room playing one morning (he has a step stool by the window so he can car watch) and he spotted the bag. Reaching up and asking for one (he makes an eh, eh sound) we decided to let him have half of one. Obviously he loved the pure sugar and would always come into our room and beg for one until we removed him kicking and yelling or caved and gave him one (resulting in him asking for another... repeat cycle).
This morning when we told him "No, we are going downstairs to have breakfast soon", he looked over at us, walked to the window, picked up his step stool, carried it to the dresser and climbed up to aaaaaaalmost reach the candy.
Amazing to see his thought process and determination and of course we caved and gave him a jelly bean. We have now wised up and they are hidden from sight.

2. We (when I say we, I mean Geoff) have finished patching up walls and painting ONE room this past week. Everything takes so much longer to do than expected and when you throw a toddler in the mix... well it's a slow process. I am very very happy though. We have a lovely yellow downstairs bathroom that finally has a towel and toilet paper holders.
I just have to pick out a photo for decoration and we will decide if we are going to hang a shelf and we are finished. :)
We are planning to tackle our Master bedroom next which I am both excited for and dreading. YIKES!

3. This past Friday was beautiful weather here! After Logan woke from his nap, we drove to one of my favorite parks around us (this one is a little bit of a drive from us so I'm always super pumped to go). We took some photos, Logan ran around a bit, had some snacks and  played on the swings.
After we were tired out, we pushed our luck and went for dinner. We decided on sushi and stuffed our selves silly with a sashimi boat. Logan loved tempura and a tofu bimbap bowl. When we left dinner it was 30 minutes past Logan's bedtime (oops). He sang to himself in the carseat and went right to bed once we got home. We are lucky our little guy is so adaptable.

4.  Last weekend was the last First Birthday Party of Logan's good friends. They lucked out with a beautiful afternoon for a cookout. We had a wonderful time all gathered around celebrating another first year of life. I snapped a few photos of the cake smash and the party for my friends!
I can't believe all the squishy little babies are toddlers now. sniff, sniff.

5. Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
Last year around this time, Logan and myself were basically getting over thrush. Since then, I've really tried to be on top of making sure we are getting a healthy does of Probiotics, mainly through yogurt with live cultures.
I was sent Hyperbiotics PRO-15to test out and add to my daily vitamins and supplements. I took a probiotic capsule for a long while when I was breastfeeding Logan. I tried a few different brands from the market and Target, so I am excited to see how these stack up!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Thats all I've got. We had lots of activities planned for this week but we may be taking it a little bit easy while Logan gets better.

Anyone else painting rooms or going through home reno's right now? Such a slow process! 


That's all here! Have a great start to the week.

No comments: