April 28, 2014

Meal Plan for the week

I've probably said it before, I love reading meal plans of other people to get idea's on new recipes to try. So, here's our eats for the week!

Monday-Chicken Philly Sand which (got this off pinterest- cautiously optimistic as I've not had luck lately. I am adapting this a little since I don't have the seasoning mentioned and adding my own.)
Tuesday- Roasted Butternut Squash & Black bean Enchiladas (these are very good!)
Wednesday- Tilapia with Summer Squash/Zucchini
Thursday- Crockpot Lasagna
Friday- Steak and veggies
Saturday- Pad Thai
Sunday- not sure yet. I really want to try Ina Garten's Szechuan Noodles but I may save that for the next week. It will probably be homemade Pizza.

Logan got sick last night so we will be on the BRAT diet for his meals for the next few days.

I made him a big batch of Crockpot Applesauce for the week so hopefully that will stay down and keep him full. My recipe is super super easy so feel free to give it a try. (I usually make a batch of this every week)

Crockpot Applesauce
(here I promised better food pictures and I'm still posting iphone snaps... sorry)

Peel and cut up 5 apples (I like to use Gala's)
Place the apples in your crockpot (I spray just a little bit of cooking spray so nothing sticks)
Add a small squeeze of lemon juice
Add cinnamon if desired.
Place on low for 4.5 hours.

When done, take a potato masher and mash for chunkier applesauce (our favorite) or place in a blender for a smoother applesauce.

That's it guys! So simple.

*If your kid is having any sort of "back up" issue, I've swapped two or three of the apples for pears and made a pear-apple sauce to help*

*Before Logan, I would add just a little bit of brown sugar and a splash of vanilla extract to it for flavor, yum!*



No comments: