June 15, 2015

1000 books before Kindergarten

Have you guys heard of this? I'm always looking for fun things to do with my children and I love having a goal to reach. I try and keep us pretty busy during the week, getting out of the house at least once each day. Logan really likes going to the Library or Barnes & Nobles and at both places we never leave without at least one new book. I loved reading as a kid and figure you can never have too many books!!!

So if you have littles and haven't checked this out... Go here.

I'll be posting our list of books as we go along and highlighting our very favorites. Feel free to recommend books that you love as well. I'm concentrating on books I read to Logan (since we read a ton before bed after Quinn is asleep) but will be including her in our reading as much as possible. Basically our age range is baby to toddler. ;)

So here we go... Our first few books!

1. Mr. Tiger Goes Wild  by Peter Brown
2. Huckle Cat's Busy Day by Richard Scarry
3. Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss
4. Zero by Kathryn Otashi
5. Dinosaurs Love Underpants by Claire Freedman
 This book is super cute and really funny. We've been talking about underpants to get Logan prepped for potty training.

6. Ten in the bed by Penny Dale
7. Wet Pet, Dry Pet, Your Pet, My Pet by Dr. Seuss
8. Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown

 This one is a classic and for a good reason. Logan likes to find the mouse on all the pages with the room. We've been reading this one to him forever!

9. Splish, Splash, Baby! by Karen Katz
10. Baby Einstein First Words
11. Olivia goes to Venice by Ian Falconer
12. Olivia and the Missing Toy by Ian Falconer
13. Potty Time with Elmo (Little Sound Book)
14. Uh Oh! Gotta Go! by Bob McGrath
15. Because a little Bug Went Ka-choo by Rosetta Stone
This was one of my favorites growing up. I remember reading it so many times. So, I busted out my old copy this past week and we've been reading it on repeat.

16. Numbers Colors Shapes (board book)
17. Big Rigs (Flowerpot Press)
18. Off Road Trucks (Flowerpot Press)
19. Baby Counts (Little Scholastic)
20. Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What do you see? by Bill Martin Jr./Eric Carle
 Who doesn't love all these books. We are obsessed with babies over here so Baby Bear is our current favorite.

21. I'm a Big Brother by Joanna Cole
22. Quiet LOUD by Leslie Patricelli
23. Animal Airways by Andrea Pertlik and Sally Hopgood
24. Good Night, Thomas
25. Should I Share My Ice Cream? by Mo Willems
These Elephant and Piggie books are great! We have been trying to work on the concept of sharing and Logan looooves reading this one. Maybe it will help? ;)



That's all for now... I'll update again with out next 25!

No comments: