May 3, 2015

A Nursery Update + Minted

When we first got pregnant with Logan, I decided that I wanted a gender neutral nursery that I could use for all/any kids. We were living in an apartment at the time so we didn't want to paint any walls and instead focused on decals for the wall. I found this huge Panda scene from a seller on Etsy and was hooked.
We ordered a white Pottery Barn crib, green sheets from Land of Nod and added in a dresser from Ikea. Our glider had to match, as did all the artwork (until I had photos of Logan to put in all the frames). I set it up as best I could in our two bedroom apartment and enjoyed a "perfect nursery" for my little man.

When we moved into our house, Geoff was able to save the decal and we used it again for Logan's room. Fast forward to now, Logan has moved into the guest room which we painted and turned into his "Big Boy Room". His expensive crib and sheets went with him for now and poor Quinn (in second child fashion) has an Ikea crib and hand me down crib sheets. (at least they are pinks and add a girlie touch to the room). Our nursery is pretty similar to when Logan was living there (except that the panda no longer sits by the crib but above it... lol) but I wanted to add a few more touches for now to make it extra special for Quinn until we eventually paint it and make it her Big Girl Room... far far in the future. (Time slow down!!!) We have hung her newborn photos but I still have been looking to add a pretty print or two.
(Notice Logan's head in the photo... always photobombing my pictures. ;)!)
Enter in Minted. I'm sure you guys have heard of them as a lot of people have their Christmas cards printed from here. They always have beautiful designs and are printed on nice thick cardstock. I started looking around on their website for art prints and have been blown away by the selection.

Here are a few of my favorite for Quinns room.

one | two | three | four | five | six

Don't you just love them? I'll be sure to let you know which one we choose...

Our Big news in the family is my brother proposed to his girlfriend! I have been waiting for this moment... the whole family loves her and I'm so happy that she will be my sister. They truly are a perfect match for each other. I took a peek over at their Wedding Invitations and was blown away by the selection! I know we are getting into the thick of Wedding Season and even though they aren't getting married until next year, it's so exciting to have them planning their own! I love weddings and can't wait to see what they come up with and get to celebrate with them.

Babies and Weddings... what could be better!?!

No comments: