April 21, 2014

Monday Musings

Hey guys!

I know, I know, I've been posting a lot more lately. I don't really know what the reason is but when I feel like typing... I just go with it. :)

I thought I would pop in to start the week off right with 5 things I am happy for this week.
1. Today was the Boston Marathon. We had a beautiful sunny day up here in the Northeast for the race. Meb Keflizhigi won for the men's (an American hasn't won since 1983) and even though Shalane Flanagan came in seventh, she led the women's for the first 18 miles. After last year, I was so happy to see Meb win and for Boston to rock out it's race. There is a lot of pride in this city!
Anyways, after watching part of the race, I took Logan out for our first stroller run of the spring. We ran in honor of those who lost their lives or were injured last year. 3 slow miles later (stroller running is no joke) I let him loose to get some "miles" in himself. I saw a Dad and (younger) son running together and I really hope I that will be Logan and myself in a few years. :)
(Look how far he is from our stroller... this kid is so fast!)

2. Geoff has 7 days off once he gets home tonight. SEVEN! I'm so excited. We are staying local and doing lots and lots of work around the house this week. (Spring Cleaning, Painting a few rooms, Cleaning out the Garage). I must sound crazy to be this excited but it's our first home and first Spring in our home...

3. The weather is supposed to be Fantastic! We are filling our days (when we are scrubbing down floors and painting during nap time) with playground walks and picnics on the deck.

4.Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
 I received this Vitamin C Serum to test out and review. Since becoming a mom and the first few months of sleep deprivation (and intense worry), I've noticed a few more "fine lines" creeping up around my eyes. I am so excited to give this a try and see if it helps my skin look a little more youthful...  

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

5. Finishing my book Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers with open windows and a cup of Lemon Ginger tea over the next few nights. :)

And to end off the post, here is our Menu for the Week! Geoff is flying tonight and off for the rest of the week so we may switch up a few nights and head out for dinner to enjoy the beautiful weather.

Monday- TACO night! I made these Oven Baked Taco's. Easy and delicious!
Tuesday- Pork Chops, Califlower mash and Kale
Wednesday- Brauts and Sweet potato
Thursday- Ravioli and Salad
Friday- Out for dinner
Saturday- Pizza night
Sunday- Chicken and broccoli

2 comments:

Null said...

Catching up on my blogging. I've been out of the loop for awhile. I can't believe how big Logan has gotten. Look at him running! So cute :)

Fly The Friendly Skies said...

Thanks! I go through ebs and flows with reading and writing so I know how you feel. Welcome back, hope all is well.