July 18, 2013

Yummi Pouch and more baby food

I have been having a blast feeding Logan. It is so much fun to see him trying and loving so many foods!

A few new purees and foods we have been eating over here include-
Oatmeal, peach and mango
Butternut squash (also added in pear one night)
Sweet potato and cinnamon
Mashed potato with peas (He actually ate it all and didn't act like I was trying to posion him)
Strawberries
Blueberry and Pear Yogurts
Carrot, Sweet Potato, Broccoli and Apples
Chicken

We also ventured a bit into Baby Led Weaning. I know I said it wasn't for us in the first few weeks but while we were in Cincinnati we headed out one night for a festival by my parents house. As we walked around and snacked on corn on the cob and ribs, Logan got very upset we were eating and he wasn't. I shared a few kernels of corn and a small amount of rib meat without sauce and he gobbled it up. We all cheered him on and he was so proud of himself, smiling and waving his arms all around. It was the cutest thing!

We were on the go, visiting friends and family for the majority of this visit. Saving time, money and keeping his outfits clean were top priority and we were lucky enough to get to try another Reusable Pouch! I am slightly obsessed with the pouches since they are so easy to carry. I've started to bring Logan's lunches and a snack for me in them when we can't be home to eat. We are heading to Seattle very soon to visit again with the other half of the family and will be again bringing pouches with us for the airport and days we out and about.

Let me introduce you to the Yummi Pouch

These are reusable, freezer and dishwasher safe, BPA-free and Phthalate-free pouches. They have a wide top opening which makes them the easiest pouch to fill that I have tried. They can stand up on their own when filled, take up to 6 oz of food and even have a fill line so you know when to stop and don't overfill your pouch! They are designed by a Husband (Andy)/Wife (Katie) team which I think is super cute since I love families who work together.

They have a started pack available called "Little Munchkin Set" that includes
  • Set of 6 Yummi Pouch reusable food pouches - hold up to 6oz each
  • 16oz filling funnel pitcher
  • 10 dishwasher safe name label stickers
  • 2 decorative dishwasher safe sticker sheets
  • 6 mixed color extra pouch caps
  • OR you can buy the pouches alone. It is $14.99 for a set of 6.
Yummi Pouch was nice enough to offer my readers a 15% discount off all accessory purchases- Just type in 15FORFUN.  Give these pouches a try, I'm sure you will love them too!

You can check out Yummi Pouch on their website, Twitter and Facebook 

*This product was received for review, no other compensation was provided. All views expressed are honest and my own! :)

No comments: