June 18, 2013

Little Green Pouch

So, as you all know, baby food 101 here at the Ho household has begun! It's exciting, scary and leaving me reading lots of websites and books on the subject. I've decided to start with homemade purees (looked briefly at Baby-led weaning and then continued on with my puree research- not for me). We have a few trips to visit family coming up so I've been thinking about food on the go as well.

I'm sure you all have seen the pouches that are the rage right now. You can buy them at grocery stores, Target, Walmart... pretty much anywhere that sells baby gear. They are an easy way to take food on the go. Applesauce no longer needs a spoon, you can just give your child the pouch and they can suck it out themselves with out the mess. However, for around $1.25/pouch or more, they aren't cheap.

Early on in my research, I decided I wanted to make as much of Logan's food as possible. I figured he has his whole life to fill his belly with processed food and preservatives. While he is all mine and not in the care of anyone else (and not quite at the age where he has strong opinions), I want him to have nutritious whole foods to eat. It's easy to do when we are at home, but when traveling through airports, the last thing I want to do is feed my child and have to clean up a big mess.


Meet The Little Green Pouch! The reusable food pouch that is BPA, PVC and phthalate free, dishwasher safe, and freezable. They have a spout on the side and a zipper top that can be filled with 6 ounces of your favorite pureed food, yogurt, applesauce or even smoothie. Perfect!

Logan isn't eating anywhere close to 6 ounces yet so while trying these pouches out, I fill them with a snack that I don't mind finishing (applesauce has been our favorite). It is really nice to have the option of throwing a pouch of food in the diaper bag, along with a bib and some wipes. Cuts down on the amount of things I need to carry and I know that clean up will be a breeze once we get home.

He is back in the habit of putting EVERYthing into his mouth so we've let him hold and suck on the pouch with the cap on to get used to the pouch. I definitely help him once it's time to eat so he doesn't try and suck too much back too quickly (or throw the pouch on the ground).

There is so much stuff out there for when you have a baby, I've been trying to lessen our environmental impact and switch over to more natural products. Small steady changes that will help us save money and resources. I think that these pouches are a great way to keep up with our busy lives while lessening waste and saving money! Check them out.

You can find Little Green Pouch on their website, twitter and facebook!

*This product was received for review, no other compensation was provided. All views expressed are honest and my own! :)



No comments: