August 16, 2011

The rest of Seattle

 Now that I have gotten my laptop back up and running, I reloaded all the photos from my digital camera that I still had. These are some of the photos I thankfully did NOT lose.

Last month we spent close to a week in Seattle visiting with Geoff's family (many of who were in town from Canada for 2 weeks). I love thinking about how this is my future family too!!!!


The first day we headed to Bite of Seattle at Seattle Center. We walked around for a bit and checked out all the good food they had to eat. Luckily we had a mission and headed on over 'The Alley'. For $10 we got to try some eats from some really good restaurants.
Here was the Sunday menu-
Palace KitchenGrilled Oregon Pork Loin with Spicy Blueberry Jam
Seattle’s Little ItalyGrilled Italian Sausage with House-Made Pepper-Onion Relish
Daily Grill
Endive Spicy Pecans and Romaine with Gorgonzola Cheese Tossed in a Walnut Oil Vinaigrette Dressing
Urbane
Lemon Verbena Lamb Meatballs with Spiced Homemade Yogurt
Belltown PubSummer-Time Spaetzle
Roxy’s Diner
Hot Pastrami on Rye with Deli Mustard
Ten Mercer
Tayberry White Chocolate Mousse Eclaire
 Everytime I come to Seattle I seem to get really nice weather... I'm always wondering where the rain is!?! Well we certainly had some rain today.


 Once everyone arrived from Canada, the fun began! We celebrated Geoff's Mom's Birthday (Here are all the gals- my future sister-in-laws and the kids), we hit an all you can eat Sushi restaurant, the outlet malls, had our "engagement photo shoot", ate at my favorite Indian restaurant... the days flew by so quickly!
 One really neat thing that the guys planned was a Salmon fishing trip EARLY one morning. I have never been fishing off a boat before so I was pretty excited. The best part was, whatever we caught- we got to keep and eat that night. The morning was beautiful but very chilly. Remember that heat wave that hit all the east coast? Ohio, Michigan, NY... all well in the 100's? Yup- I missed it all hanging out in Seattle where it was 60's and 70's. (Good thing I brought a jacket). We fished out on the boat for around 5 hours and though we had a few close calls and Chantal caught some smaller fish we only caught one Salmon. However, I was shocked at the size of this fish!!! It was more than enough to feed us a yummy salmon dinner that night. :)

Our trip was fun as always! I never get tired of visiting Seattle!!!







No comments: