October 22, 2009

Thailand- post 2



Our first night, we decided to check out around our hotel. We walked down the beach and had a drink at one of the restaurant lounges on the beach right by the water. We decided to walk around for dinner and found this cool outdoor food market with some really good choices, we ate here every single night for dinner. Right next to the stalls were all these outdoor bars so we found one and stayed there the rest of the night. It was a little too much fun and I'll spare you all what happened when people started dancing on the pool in the middle of the bar. ;)











Geoff and the cart full of bugs...

Eating creepy crawlies with one of our bartenders.

Round of shots for the whole bar!





We all got up the next morning and hung out at the pool for a few hours.

Our pool at the hotel was AMAZING!!! (and it was only $30 a night... woot woot!)

We hung out by the beach for a bit as well before heading in to get ready for the day.






We decided to rent scooters and ride around to some of the waterfalls on the island. These were only $6 a day to rent. At the begining I was a little scared for my life, but after a while, getting used to all the traffic, it ended up being a really fun ride!





We headed back to the market for dinner and then just relaxed for the rest of the night.

1 comment:

Jes said...

I know I'm a little late, but I just found your blog! I'm not sure if you've seen on facebook or not, but my husband and I are moving to Japan in October courtesy of the Army and Thailand is high on our list of places to visit during the 3 years we're stationed in Japan. It looks like you had such a good time which makes me even more excited! Where did you stay that was only $30 a night?!?!