August 30, 2008

It's officially the start of baby season...

There has been a trend in my group of friends for a few years now. Wedding seasons. Every year we have more and more weddings to attend as all of my good friends that I've known, oh, pretty much all my life get engaged and hitched.
Our friend Cari was the first marrying her high school sweetheart. It wasn't too much of a shock though, she was always the first to do everything! More and more people followed suit and now I, being neither married or engaged, fall into the minority.

Of course, Cari was also the first to have kids, now having two she has been sitting, waiting patiently for the next to join her in the baby club. I knew it would happen eventually, but I didn't really think it would be this year. That is, until last night. Another of my friends told us she was preggers. We were all so excited for her and her husband!!! I do have a feeling that this is going to tip the scales and all of the sudden, next year I will have way more invites to baby showers than to wedding showers. I just wanted to call my prediction now!

No comments: