We also now get kisses and Logan will share with us. It's usually food or a random object (like a pacifier) that he shoves into our face but it's so cute. I'm working on getting him to blow kisses to us but as like everything else, he stares at me and crawls away to something else. It will happen exactly when he wants it to.
We are doing a little dabble into Baby Sign Language and I've been signing a handful of words to him for months. He has yet to sign anything back to us but he does respond to a few words such as "milk" (he gets very happy and will crawl over to me), "more" and "all done" (this will usually make him angry, especially if food is involved).
So far, the only words we have heard are MaMa and BaBa. Sometimes he will respond to someone talking to him with babbles that really sound like yeah and ok but I just can't tell if it's a real word or not. Either way, it's really really cute.
On the other side of things, even though he isn't speaking words, Logan is getting really good at voicing his opinion. We are tip toeing into the world of tantrums and this little guy can really throw down a good one. He has two types, the silent sad one where he puts him head on the ground, butt in the air and starts crying... and then angry one where he arches his back, throws his hands above his head, thrashes all over and yells (this is usually when one of us is trying to change his diaper- fun times). I know he is frustrated and just trying to get ahold of his emotions so I try and stay calm even though I feel like rolling all over the floor yelling with him. Parenthood has definitely helped me work on patience, that is for sure!
11 month stats-
- New Foods: Smoothies, beans, Chipotle (loved), goetta and anything else he can get his hands on.
- Breastfeeding: 4-5 feedings a day – still going!
- Teeth: Twelve
- Noises: Mama, Baba
- Weight: Not sure, but he eats like an adult.
- Likes: Peekaboo, chasing games, pushing his walkers, Scout the singing dog, pulling books, dvds and toys off shelves, eating paper.
- Dislikes: Diaper changes, having his hands and face cleaned, having his nose wiped, things being taken away.