April 26, 2013

Body after Baby- update #2

Well, it's been 2 weeks so I thought I would check in on my progress.

Geoff and I sat down and thought really hard on what action we should take. We decided that if we weren't going to take Logan to the gym daycare yet, that we would put our memberships on hold and start working out at home. I started Insanity and Geoff has started P90X and eventually we will switch to the other. This works out best for us when Geoff is flying a flight to New York or Florida, etc and he can take a video or two with him (which we couldn't do when we both did Insanity before our wedding). When we are both at home we trade off working out and watching Logan. When it's just me, I can try and squeeze in a video when he is napping. So far, so good. I do have to say that it is hard to keep up my energy along with breastfeeding but I'm hoping my body adapts and it gets a little easier (until I switch to the second set of videos... yikes!)

Logan decided that he is joining in too... He loves ab work and weight lifting... ;)

Two things I have worked on since last check in are-
-Make sure I drink enough water every day.
Water is super important for not only breastfeeding, but also staying hydrated while working out. I pretty much live off of coffee and water. I'm not drinking coffee all day long (even though sometimes I am so tired that I feel like I should) so getting in those glasses of water comes pretty natural to me. However, I've been so busy with Logan sometimes I don't remember the last time I had something to drink. Now I make sure there are glasses of water all over the apartment.

I've seen some neat Pinterest pins on flavoring water with fruits... anyone care to share your favorite combo? (I usually stick a lemon or soak cucumber overnight for extra flavor)

-I also have been revamping my snacks.
It's so easy to snack in the late afternoons when my energy level gets low and Logan starts to get a little cranky. Instead of grabbing granola bars or chips I stocked up on a few healthy snacks to get me through until dinner (which is always after Logan goes to sleep at night around 8-9pm). A few of my favorites include-

-Almonds: I love love love these Coconut ones (which I can only find at the Target by me)


-Celery and Sunflower Seed Butter
-Carrots and Traders Joes Spinach and Kale Yogurt Dip
-Chobani yogurt with fruit

-Cereal and milk
-Fruit
-Hummus and veggies to dip

What haven't I been good at? Constantly logging all my meals into Sparkpeople. It's a work in progress though... I try my best everyday and I think that is good enough.


Here are my stats-
Weight- 158 lbs. Down one lb. (I'll take anything)
left arm- 12" no change
left calf- 14.5" no change
left thigh- 22.75" down about .25
hips-39ish" down about .75
belly- 32" down .75
bust- 36" down .5 (again, not sure how accurate this is based off Logan's feedings)








No comments: