Ok, so it's been a while since I have done some random facts about myself but I was tagged from Brittney's blog and must keep it going. :) I will try and keep them interesting- welcome to my life!
-I have 3 major fears and I have attempted to conquer two of them. 1. Heights (I went skydiving twice)
2. Needles (Got a tatoo) 3. Peeping Tom's. (don't judge and please don't come looking in my window trying to cure me... I think I would have a heart attack- so so scary!)
-I was never one of those girls dreaming about her wedding day (until I got engaged that is) I was always dreaming about my honeymoon... Now we are planning it and I can NOT wait!!! (However, my wedding day was the BEST day of my life... no joke!!! it was freaking perfect)
-My FAVorite movie is Amelie (subtitles and all) followed by silly movies- Wedding Singer, Waiting for Guffman, A mighty Wind and Best in Show... and also some to make you think- Inception, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and of course The Lion King.
-Speaking of The Lion King, I sleep each night with a stuffed Simba. Yes, I am married and my husband hates it but I told him it's me and simba or nothing at all... :)
-I love !'s. Seriously. I have an addiction! I'm a pretty excited and happy person and I think I just want to make sure and get my excitement through my typing... you understand me right!?!?!
-I am addicted to coffee... no lie. I love the stuff! Two cups in the morning is my normal routine. The first is to get me awake and the second is to enjoy. It can get cold... I'm ok with that but it has to be good quality coffee. (In the age old debate of Starbucks vs. Dunkin- I am admitting I am a Starbucks girl all the way!!! Ahem... I worked there in college and the coffee rocks! If you don't believe me go buy a pound of Guatemala Antigua)
-I hate moving and guess what- since 2000 I have moved at least once a year... That's 11 years of moving. Yuck!!!ive lived in Texas, Cincinnati Ohio, Columbus Ohio, Florence Kentucky, Sydney Australia, Queens New York, Detroit Michigan and now In New Hampshire.
-I was vegetarian for about a year and half in college. It wasn't hard... I decided I wasn't going to eat meat/fish until I craved it. (I was having horrible stomach aches and not eating meat helped them to go away). One day I wanted buffalo wings and that was the end of that. I still like to have meatless days about once a week.
-I talk alot... and sometimes I ramble. Have you picked up on that yet?
- I love to write. That is partly why I started a blog in college... just to get the words floating in my head out there. In elementary school my friends and I started a book. It's a thriller... still working on finishing it though. haha.
-I wake up each day so happy about where my life has gone and so excited about where it is heading in the future... I can't wait to see what other adventures life takes me on. :)
here are her questions!
1. What's your favorite kind of shampoo?
I guess I would have to say Herbal Essence's because it just smells so darn good...
2. What activities did you participate in in high school (sports, clubs)?
My main activites in high school were dance and my youth group. My dance team was a competition team and my senior year we won State and got the gold medal. :)
3. What's the worst injury you've ever had?
I've only really had two big things in my life. Jaw surgery and skin cancer. Both I knew were going to happen.
4. What celebrity do you most resemble?
In college I had short hair with blonde high lights and a LOT of people told me I resembled Drew Barrymore. I worked at the front desk of my dorm and a lot of people either called me Drew or Baby Hands (yes my hands are freakishly small).
5. If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
I have been really wishing that we could own a house right now. I'm 30, newly married and finally feeling settled with work. For the first time I am ready to put down some roots and I find myself not wanting to spend too much money on our apartment right now because I am envisioning making improvements on a house. However, I wouldn't want to wish away this time right now because I know it will make us appreciate it all the more when we do finally purchase something.
6. Which of your parents are you more like?
BOTH! I am a total mix of the two. A lot of people would say my mom from the outside but I relate to my dad tons.
7. Are you close with your siblings?
I have one brother and yes I would call us close. We don't live in the same city(he's in KY and I'm now in NH) but I love to see him whenever we are both home.
8. What snack do get when you go to the movies?
I usually don't get snacks at the movie but I bring sour straws with me. It's the only time I eat them and I love them... a movie just isn't the same without them. :)
9. What's your current favorite song?
I've been listening to a lot of music from college lately like the Killers and Coldplay.
10. What's something you struggle with?
Feeling guilty when I am not doing something productive or exciting. I think it's the modern day world of blogging and facebook... it seems like everyone is doing incredible things ALL the time... I feel like I constantly need to keep up. I struggle with letting myself relax, have "Megan time" And being okay with it.
11. Can you play any instruments?
Not really. I played the flute in elementary school but quit because it was hard for me to reach all the keys... again... baby hands over here.
Ok so now I am supposed to tag 11 ppl to do this... but I am going to be lame and just say that ANYONE reading this blog can consider themselves tagged. If you do go ahead and do this as well (please I love getting to know you... ) just leave me a message in the comments so I can go and read about you. Tell us 11 random facts about and then here are your questions to answer...
1. What is your favorite hobby right now?
2. Name your top travel destination you would love to visit.
3. What is your biggest fear?
4. What is your favorite thing to cook or bake?
5. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
6. What is one thing you could not live without?
7. Favorite family vacation memory
8. What is the silliest thing you have ever done?
9. What is your favorite game to play?
10. Best book you have ever read?
11. What would you like to accomplish most this year?