September 2, 2010

Goodbye JFK

So, it's official. I flew my last trip as a New York based flight attendant. If you have ever flown in and out of JFK, you know that when things go wrong, they go terribly wrong. I am proud to say I made it through 3 years of JFK. I was a bit sad as I entered our almost empty lounge, walked over to terminal 2, down the ramp, outside to climb the stairs of the airplane... then in typical JFK fashion- things went wrong. We didn't have fuel... that took forever, then once we did have fuel they were fighting over which airplane we were supposed to be on. They let us stay on our aircraft but we needed new paperwork... then we had to rush to take off because the airport we were flying into has a curfew and we were almost to that time...

All in all, I will be taking quite the load of memories with me as I head to Detroit. I do have a few more NYC posts to go but with flying and the upcoming move AND now commuting for a few weeks, my blog has been an after thought.

JFK I will miss you, but at the same time I wont... Adios!



(And a few more coming into Seattle... just thought they were pretty!)

No comments: