November 8, 2009

first looks at the city!

I've been living here in New York for a month and we've already had a few visitors. (That is what you get when you have a lot of friends in the airline industry!!!) This has been a fantastic excuse to go sight see-ing in the city. I'm sure I will have lots and lots of these posts over the next year!

One of the first excursions we took was down to Rockefeller Center. Geoff really hasn't seen too much of the city before now, so it's fun to go exploring with him. The ice skating rink is already up and going... the tree hasn't been put up yet!




There was a give-away promotion going on while we were there for a new show called White Collar (a take off the movie Catch Me if You Can. It's pretty good, check it out!) They were fitting people for White shirts. We tried to get in line but it was cut off (and about a 2 hour wait.) So we walked around and as we passed back by to leave, they called for two more people to get in line. Guess who got free fitted shirts... WE DID! Mine fits perfect and is probably the nicest shirt I own. :)




We headed down to see The World Trade Center area next. Every time I am there, it is different. It looks less like a huge hole in the ground and more like a big construction site.




Here's a look at the plan for the new design at the WTC location. I'm not sure I had really seen it before. It looks like it's going to be neat, but also that it is going to take a long time to actually complete.


I'm very excited to see what this year brings. I know, that if nothing else, it will be full of new experiences... one starting on Friday as Geoff and I got tickets to see the opening show of The Rockette's Christmas Spectacular! Hooray!

No comments: