July 26, 2008

Only a Flight Attendant would know...

July 22nd- I am finishing a 3 day trip... last flight out of New York's JFK airport back to Cincinnati, Ohio. Easy enough right?
Here is my adventure...

9:30pm- Departure time for the flight... where is our plane? We are waiting at the gate, complete chaos here- our plane has been "landing" for 45 minutes, gate agents can't tell us the spot number... Geez! We walked down and outside, no one knew either... where is our plane?

9:55pm- Finally on the plane! Supplies came, we got water (thank goodness) and we are ready for the passengers. Everyone is tiiired! Straight off international flights, I agree, I'm tired too- Lets get outta here!

10:55pm- Seatbelts fastened, check! Demo safety equipment, check! Take off... wait a minute... Here we are and an hour has past and where are we? Pushed back and awaiting to turn onto the runway... Long lines tonight at JFK, word is 3 hour taxi... ohh geez. We are stuck in a parking lot! Everyone is sleeping, everyone except me.

11:30pm- Moving slowly. I've been through twice with waters and once with snacks. I sneak through the tangled mess of legs, feet, arms and heads in the dark aisle- trying not to hit and wake anyone.

11:45pm- Still taxiing... still. We should be home right now...

Finally we take off.

2:25am- Land in Cincinnati- Good morning everyone!! Welcome to our dark and closed airport... Funniest moment deplaning was the woman who ran up to me... I'm heading to Lansing... where do I go? Hehe, hope you mean in the morning...

Just another typical 11 hour day at the job!

No comments: